The Bucket List



"You only live once, so why not die with style?"

The other day, I watched this movie The Bucket List, stars Jack Nicholson as Edward and Morgan Freeman as Carter. I admire both actors for playing their characters well. The story is about two sick men - they have cancer- escapes from the hospital to fulfill their Bucket List before they die. They set off for a world tour that includes the South of France, South Africa, the Pyramids, the Taj Mahal in India, the Great Wall of China, the Himalayas and Hong Kong. Both of them were having fun and became best buds and finally found joy in each life. 


Striking Words...
Carter Chambers: Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others? 
Carter Chambers: What does a snail have to do to reincarnate? Leave the perfect trail of slime?  
Edward Cole: I envy people who have faith, I just can't get my head around it. 
Carter Chambers: Maybe because your head's in the way. 
Edward Cole: The simplest thing is... I loved him. And I miss him. Carter and I saw the world together. Which is amazing... When you think that only three months ago, we were complete strangers! I hope that it doesn't sound selfish of me but... the last months of his life were the best months of mine. He saved my life... And he knew it before I did. 
Carter Chambers: You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you.

Carter Chambers: [in his letter to Edward] Dear Edward, I've gone back and forth the last few days trying to decide whether or not I should even write this. In the end, I realized I would regret it if I didn't, so here it goes. I know the last time we saw each other, we weren't exactly hitting the sweetest notes-certain wasn't the way I wanted the trip to end. I suppose I'm responsible and for that, I'm sorry. But in all honestly, if I had the chance, I'd do it again. Virginia said I left a stranger and came back a husband; I owe that to you. There's no way I can repay you for all you've done for me, so rather than try, I'm just going to ask you to do something else for me-find the joy in your life. You once said you're not everyone. Well, that's true-you're certainly not everyone, but everyone is everyone. My pastor always says our lives are streams flowing into the same river towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls. Find the joy in your life, Edward. My dear friend, close your eyes and let the waters take you home.  

A Thought..
But am kinda curious, why create a list and do it in such a short notice? Isn't it much nicer if you have completed your list while you are still young and healthy? Just a thought..

Realization...
Because of this movie, I will create my own bucket list! I will do those things I wanna do and go to places I wanna go and I'm gonna leave my mark there..hmm *crossing my fingers*

Keep fingers crossed...
We have plans to go to Disneyland Hongkong next year! but I have no passport yet, so I'm gonna get one..yay! Sana matupad na ito...Please Lord.

Comments

  1. actually di ko alam na bucketlist pala ang tawag dun sa mga gingawa ko na goal in my life then one time my friend told me about this movie.
    1st kung napanod ko grabe. sobra wow ako.. thats the reason... i need to fullfill all my main bucketlsit. unti unti na siya nanatupad. thanks god on that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here axl..na realized ko rin yun..mas maganda pag natupad na ang lahat ng iyun while malakas ka pa..kesa naman gawin mu lang pag malapit kanang mamatay..haha! I will work hard for this bucket list of mine..Aja!! Good luck to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a powerful story. The biggest thing that I got out of it, is that, that we are all here to experience love in the highest forms to ourselves and the people around us. Truly beautiful. Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like Home

5 Centimeters per Second

The Tailed Beast