My Fair Lady


Yay! I can't believe I'm making a post about the movie My Fair Lady - hehe. I went to the office for the film showing - yes it's back! Honestly, this is my first time to watched a classical movie cause I'm not really a fan of ancient ones - hehe. 

Anyway, My Fair Lady stars Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison is a story about Eliza Doolittle (Hepburn) a young flower seller girl with horrible English accent, on the other hand Henry Higgins (Harisson) is a professor in phonetics, let's just say he's an expert on that field. Eliza wants Henry to teach her speech lessons - since she has a dream to work on a flower shop but her accent is not suitable for such a position.  

Henry is somehow reluctant to the idea but decided to give Eliza a chance with the help of Colonel Pickering. Eliza started her speech training for almost six months - Higgins is one harsh professor, I can't imagine speaking with marbles on my mouth. wheew! I love this phrase she keeps on practicing "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" 

The movie is so lovely, what a lovely Audrey Hepburn, she's really a beauty even though she's petite. This musical film is one of a kind. Though I can't clearly understand most of the words in British accent but it was fun. I mean I had fun watching it.

My Fair Lady is a 1964 American musical film adaptation of the Lerner and Loewe stage musical, of the same name, based on the film adaptation of the stage play Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw. The ending and the ballroom scene are from the 1938 film, Pygmalion, rather than Shaw's original stage play. The film was directed by George Cukor and stars Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. [ Source ]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like Home

5 Centimeters per Second

The Tailed Beast