Safe Haven

Safe Haven is the new book added to my Nicholas Sparks collection novels. I guess my goal 101 is on the move now. hehe, I stopped buying books since I felt like I was book hoarding already. I bought plenty of books which turned out I didn't have time to read --- I mean all of them. 

But this book was a gift from a very cutie friend of mine, I didn't expect that. It was her birthday but picture this out she gave me a gift. hehe, She's really a kind hearted lady. She knows that I adore Nicholas Sparks and I'll be ecstatic to have one. Safe Haven is my fourth book now. Yehay!! I will read this one maybe this weekend so I can post the review. Thank you so much to my cutie sister Elj for this book. waaaa I told her I have to buy her one. I will, next time *wink*


Smile xD
Here's the summary:

When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with a kind heart and two young children; and another with her plainspoken single neighbor, Jo. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community and becoming increasingly attached to Alex and his family.

But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts and terrifies her . . . a past that set her on a fearful, shattering journey across the country, to the sheltered oasis of Southport. With Jo’s empathic and stubborn support, Katie eventually realizes that she must choose between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards . . . and that in the darkest hour, love is the only true safe haven.
Source

Comments

  1. weeee..hello sissy..even at our darkest and most painful hour..true love always brings healing..my life is a proof..no matter how broken I was someone came.."my quiet angel"..he is not just my knight in shining armor who rescued me..he is a "gift" given to me from God sissy..He gave me someone who gave back my self-worth..I can't ask for anything more :)

    *hugs* love lots sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww how sweet sissy.. your quiet angel really made you happy now. So so sweet. I wish you more happiness sissy. super kyut >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so nice of Lj to give you that book :D and on her birthday pa! hehe

    Start reading na so i can read your book reviews. Nicholas Sparks is such a romantic. Kiligon daun ko ining basa sa u reviews. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. weee.. thanks shenani hehe
    tomo on her bday pajud, I dunno why she gave me gift, for my bday daw haha!! cge2x i will read on the weekend.ayii..muaah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately this book did not satisfy either need. I get absolutely no pleasure in reading a fiction or non fiction account of violence against a woman. I was greatly disappointed in this book and would not recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like Home

5 Centimeters per Second

The Tailed Beast