River and Agutayan Adventure

Chinese New Year is a special holiday in our country so it was a rest day for us working six days a week. We had planned to have an adventure during that holiday break. We went to Jasaan, to my hometown and invited some good friends in our house to sleep overnight since we planned to visit the little island, Agutayan early in the morning. When we arrived at home, we have decided to buy food for our dinner and meals for the next day, of course we need energy boosters! 

We went to Jasaan Market which is just 15-20 mins away from our home to buy our supplies. As we passed along the bridge connecting Jasaan and another baranggay, they saw Kabulig River and they're amazed by its beauty. So I told them we can visit the river since it's just a meters away from the market. When I said that, they got pretty excited. After our grocery and snack, we started hiking to the river and had fun chatting along the way. 

When they saw the bamboo raft in which we called "balsa" in our area, they wanted a joyride. The raft is the main transportation of the people living in that area so that they can passed from one point to the other. At first, I was hesitant since I never had experienced to navigate the raft. When we saw kids navigating the raft, I thought, why not give it a try? We settled first in the raft and my friend jeah is our driver haha! We did it and it was the most gratifying experienced ever!







Let's proceed to the next adventure! By the next day, we woke up really early so that we can travel early going to Agutayan. I have known Agutayan Island since I was a kid and been there twice during my teenage years. It was just a small island in the middle of the ocean. The sand is not that crystal white like the Camiguin White Island. The island had one small tower for monitoring the area and for guarding the sanctuary. I think it was a 30-35 mins travel to the island. It had been a long time since I've been to the island, I'm quite excited as well. 





We arrived safe in the island, we played and just had fun basking under the sun. 







It was quite a long and tiring day but  we had so much fun.I am looking forward for more adventure this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like Home

5 Centimeters per Second

The Tailed Beast